Thursday 15 August 2013

My favourite offset of the week

At this time of year in the succulent garden it's all about offsets.  What's better than looking amoung the plants each evening, wondering what you will find peaking out from the edge of a pot, or emerging form under the lowest leaves.  It is even better when the offset is the first on one of your prized plants.

There's lots of competition for the top spot, but in the end I opted for this one.


I almost missed it peaking out from under the plant, can you guess what it is?

Yes an echeveria.

Those dark tips are a bit of give away.


Yep, the first offset on the largest of my echeveria agavoides 'Ebony'. What's even better is I think there a couple of them. 

Before you ask, no they are not for sale or swaps. Sorry these ones are staying on the plant I fancy a nice large clump of these, would make a great feature pot.  Mind you, they will need a much bigger pot, given the size of the mother. Who knows I may even splash out and upgrade it form plastic!

3 comments:

  1. "My favourite offset of the week"...pure fun! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I look forward to seeing if others show theirs.

      Delete
  2. Que bom , quando as nossas prediletas estão dando mudas.

    http://eueminhasplantinhas.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete